Anuj is India’s leading thought leader in Indian real estate industry. He is amongst the most respected leaders and an acknowledged expert on India’s real estate opportunities both within India and across the globe. He nurtures strong relationships with private investors as well as local & global corporates and interacts regularly with key clients to uncover opportunities in the rapidly emerging Indian real estate market.
With over 27 years of experience in multi-disciplinary advisory and transactions ranging from real estate to social development projects, he has expertise in planning, undertaking demand assessment studies and transactional services including marketing strategies based on technical real estate market analysis. Anuj has successfully handled marketing of projects within Office, Retail, Hospitality and Residential domains. His vast expertise also encompasses feasibility studies, program requirement derivation as well as fund and investor sourcing.
As former Chairman & Country Head of Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) India until Feb 2017, Anuj was responsible for the overall direction, strategy and growth of this largest premier real estate services company in India overseeing a team of over 9000 employees across 11 cities. He was also a key member of the Asia Pac Leadership Group as well as Head of Global Retail Leasing Board of JLL.
Anuj recently acquired Jones Lang LaSalle Residential Private Ltd (JLLR) – the residential brokerage arm of JLL and will lead a team of 200 residential brokers across 8 Indian cities.
- Bachelor of Commerce from Shriram College of Commerce, Delhi University (1987)
- Associate of institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi (1989)
- Associate of Insurance Institute of Surveyors & Adjusters, India (1992)
- Associate of Insurance Institute of India (1993)
- Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute, UK (1996)
- Fellow of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, UK (FRICS)
- Chairman of Real Estate & Construction Committee of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – Western Zone
- Member - Housing Committee of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
- Member - FICCI Task Force on Smart Cities
- Board Member of India Chapter–Asia Pacific Real Estate Association (APREA)
- Member of Advisory Committee of MCHI–CREDAI (Maharashtra Chamber of Housing Industry & Confederation of Real
Estate Developers Association of India)
- Director on Board of Jagran Prakashan Limited
- Director on Board of Jones Lang LaSalle Investment Advisors Private Limited
- Director on Board of Music Broadcast Limited (Radio City)
- Member of Young Presidents Organization (YPO) Bombay North Star Chapter